IPL 2020: TEAM ANALYSIS: CHENNAI SUPER KINGS
Chennai Super Kings will face the defending champions Mumbai Indians on 19th September in the season opener of DREAM11 IPL 2020. The 3-time champions will look to add one more glorious trophy to their collection this year.
Ahead of this season, CSK have faced many setbacks. Firstly their Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his retirement from the international circuit on the 15th of August.His partner Suresh Raina followed him did the same. Later Raina withdrew himself from the season due to his family concerns. Things became even more worse when 12 members including 2 players ( Deepak Chahar and Ruturaj Gaikwad ) tested positive for COVID19. Despite these hurdles, Chennai is that kind of team who knows very well how to come out of ashes and earn the glory. They have been most consistent performer in all seasons and will look to live up to the expectations.
- They have one of the most successful captain and finisher in their side in the form of MS Dhoni
- They are the most experienced team in the league.
- They have the best spin attack in the league with the likes of Ravindra Jadeja, Piyush Chawla, Imran Tahir, Mitchel Santner, young Sai Kishore and also have part time spin option in the form of Kedar Jadhav.
- World class all rounder in the form of Dwayne Bravo.
- Absence of Suresh Raina has created a big hole in the batting line up.
- Concerns about the form of players.
- Lack of depth in the pace bowling.
- Fielding issues
- Fitness issues
- Bravo is not as effective as it supposed to be earlier.
- Injury concerns.
PLAYER TO WATCH OUT: MS DHONI.
The former Indian captain has announced his retirement last month after being away from cricket for more than one year. He last played game way back in England in the world cup. It will be interesting to see his approach towards the batting as he has become free from the national duties.