Team analysis: RAJASTHAN ROYALS: Strength | Weakness
Rajasthan Royals will enter the 13th edition of DREAM11 IPL without much expectations. This side surprisingly shocked everyone way back in 2008 where they won the inaugural edition of the IPL.
Royals have been always known as the side that nurture the young talents and give them platform to perform well. This time around they have managed to create balance between youth and experienced players. They have picked young Indian talents like Yashasvi Jaiswal, Riyan Parag, Kartik Tyagi, Akash Singh, Anuj Rawat,etc. They also bought quality overseas experienced campaigners like Andrew Tye, David Miller, Tom Curran, Oshane Thomas. Steve Smith’s men miss the services of Ben Stokes in the early part of the season because the player’s family concerns. Team will look to end their 12 year title drought this year and expected to go hard.
- Calm and experienced Captain in the form of Steve Smith .
- They have solid overseas players like Steve Smith, Jos Buttler, Jofra Archer and Ben Stokes.
- Solid top order which includes Buttler, Uthappa, Jaiswal and Samson .
- They have good blend of youths and experienced players.
- They have in form pacer Jofra Archer in their side .
- Too dependent on overseas contingents.
- Absence of Ben Stokes could prove costly for them.
- Lack of variation in spin bowling department.
- Lack of death bowlers except Jofra Archer.
- Doubt about form of players.
PLAYER TO WATCH OUT FOR: Yashaswi Jaiswal
This rising Indian star has impressed everyone with his batting heroics in the recently concluded U19 World cup. It will be quite interesting to see how he performs on the bigger stage. It will be a good opportunity for him to perform well and impress the national selectors.