Mumbai Indians (MI) will Kickstart their Dream 11 IPL title defence against Chennai Super Kings on 19th September. The defending champions will look to create history by becoming the first team in the history of the IPL to win back to back titles. .
In the midseason auction, Mumbai have strengthen their squad by addition of the likes of Chris Lynn, Trent Boult, Nathan Coulter Nile, Saurabh Tiwary, Dhawal Kulkarni,etc. The team is looking formidable in all departments on the paper. As the team is practising hard ahead of their opening game in Dubai, let’s have a look at their Strengths and weakness.
- Calm leadership of the Skipper Rohit Sharma.
- Explosive top order batting with the likes of Rohit, De Cock, Lynn.
- Addition of Lynn has increased the batting firepower.
- Presence of Suryakumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan in the middle order who play spin well.
- World class all rounders like Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya and Nathan Coulter Nile.
- Impactful fast bowlers like Bumrah, Boult n Macleneghan
- Well experienced coaching staff.
- Concerns about the form of players because of the long break from the competitive cricket due to pandemic.
- Inexperienced spin bowling attack.
- lack of variation in fast bowling department due to absence of Lasith Malinga
- Too much dependent on Bumrah in the death overs.
- Struggle of Chris Lynn against the spin bowlers.
- Poor past record in the UAE.
PLAYER TO WATCH OUT FOR : Chris Lynn
MUMBAI INDIANS bought the destructive Aussie openers from the Kolkata Knight Riders in the midseason auctions. Chris Lynn failed to make an impact on the spinner friendly pitches in West Indies in the recently concluded CPL. It will be quite interesting to see how he fares in the UAE where the pitches will be similar to that in the West Indies.